The 28th annual Christmas Jam was held in Asheville, NC last weekend, bringing artists together in celebration of the holiday season. At the helm of the Christmas Jam is guitarist Warren Haynes, who recruited an all-star lineup of musicians for the celebration. Haynes also brought his own band, Gov’t Mule, to the party, closing out the night with some true Southern rock n’ roll for the audience.Not only did Mule treat fans to their own music, but they took it back to the roots of the Southern rock genre with some prime Allman Brothers Band covers. The show also featured a number of special guests on percussion, as founding drummer Matt Abts was fortunately unable to attend due to a family emergency. With Abts come, a rotating lineup of Jeff Sipe, Duane Trucks, Paul Riddle, Count M’butu and Rocky Lindsey all filled in on percussion/drums throughout the night.The band also welcomed in musicians like Marcus King, Branford Marsalis, Mike Barnes, Steve Kimock and more, all helping to raise the energy of this rock and roll party. Check out the crazy “Dreams > Mountain Jam > Drum Solo > Mountain Jam” finale that took place near 3 AM last Saturday, with Gov’t Mule, Paul Riddle, Duane Trucks, Count M’butu and Branford Marsalis.Check out the video, courtesy of rohbear1, below.Setlist: Gov’t Mule | 28th Annual Christmas Jam | Asheville, NC | 12/10/16Set: Mule, 32/20 Blues*#@, Sco-Mule$%, Dreams&+!^ > Mountain Jam&+!^ > Drum Solo&+! > Mountain Jam&+!^Notes:* With Mike Barnes on guitar# With Smoky Greenwell on [email protected] With Marcus King on guitar^ With Branford Marsalis on Saxophone$ With Jeff Sipe on Drums% With Steve Kimock on guitar and lap steel& With Paul Riddle on drums+ With Duane Trucks and drums! With Count M’Butu on percussionRocky Lindsley – Drums
Kelsey Beck ’14, who was recently named Miss Boston and will be competing for the Miss Massachusetts title in late June, is an accomplished pianist. The Kirkland House resident said it is all about balance. “That balance is something in which Harvard students have a lot of pride. We’re not all about academics …,” Beck noted.
The St. Louis Lady Cardinals traveled to Milan and brought home a split outcome. Two very good games.The 7th Grade had a final score of 21-15. We ended the half 11-10. This was our first game of trying a press out and they did a great job with it. Overall they had a great game by all and looked as one out there on the court. Scoring for SLS were Ella Smith with 8pts, Megan Bauer with 5pts, and Alys Cochran with 2pts. Nice job ladies. The 8th Grade Lady Cards brought home the win with a final score of 38-16. We had an amazing game with our press also. The girls hustled the whole game which lead to the reward of a W. Scoring for SLS were Ava Allen with 14pts, Emma Weberding with 10pts, Lilly Wonnell with 7pts, Kate Voegele with 3pts, and both Olivia Raab and Alyssa Wanstrath with 2pts each. All the girls contributed to the points tonight so offensively we were on point too. Nice job ladies.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Erin Trenkamp.
Watch | Explained: Pegasus, the spyware that came in via WhatsApp Two activists associated with the Bhima-Koregaon case were among those whom Citizen Lab, University of Toronto’s cyber security group, reached out to informing them that their phone security was compromised by a spyware.Human rights activist and academic Anand Teltumbde, who had been named in the FIR, and Nagpur-based civil liberties lawyer Nihalsing Rathod were were contacted by Citizen Lab early this month. Later, WhatsApp informed them that their video calling feature was exploited to install the malware.“I had mailed them in April informing them about getting video calls from unknown numbers. Typically one number would start the call and another number would join,” said Mr. Rathod, who is representing lawyer Surendra Gadling in the Bhima-Koregaon case.In a telephonic conversation with The Hindu, Mr. Rathod alleged that the incriminatory letters cited as evidence in the Bhima-Koregaon case may have been planted by government agencies using the spyware. “Even Mr. Gadling received such phone calls,” he said.Besides Mr. Gadling, nine prominent activists, lawyers and academics have been arrested and imprisoned for over a year in the Bhima-Koregaon case. They include Shoma Sen, Mahesh Raut, Sudhir Dhawale, Rona Wilson, Arun Ferriera, Vernon Gonsalves, Sudha Bharadwaj and Gautam Navlakha. Mr. Teltumbde told The Hindu that he noticed that his phone had been acting up but thought it was a hardware issue. He said, “Nothing can be done now. They [government] can do anything. The state has no morality left.” Mr. Teltumbde said surveillance methods and techniques have reached a level of sophistication that it can only be prevented by a moral state.“Today it was this, tomorrow they can do something else. They can do anything to anyone. It is a statement of absolute power,” he said. Explained | Pegasus, the spyware that came in via WhatsAppVolume 90%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard ShortcutsPlay/PauseSPACEIncrease Volume↑Decrease Volume↓Seek Forward→Seek Backward←Captions On/OffcFullscreen/Exit FullscreenfMute/UnmutemSeek %0-9Live00:0001:3301:33
If the violation is confirmed, Jones seems likely to face a multiyear suspension from the sport, taking away even more of his fighting prime. The UFC also will be harmed by the lengthy absence of its best fighter and a burgeoning pay-per-view draw.The UFC also could lose its dream matchup between Jones and former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. The superstars both appeared eager to meet next year in a heavyweight fight that would be among the biggest events in the UFC’s history.The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency administers the UFC’s doping policy. The California State Athletic Commission has jurisdiction over Jones’ test along with USADA.ADVERTISEMENT FILE – In this April 9, 2017, file photo, mixed martial arts fighter Jon Jones watches a bout at UFC 210 in Buffalo, N.Y. Light heavyweight champion Jones has been notified of another potential violation of the UFC’s anti-doping policy. The UFC announced the potential violation Tuesday night, Aug. 22, for Jones, widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in mixed martial arts. (AP Photo/Jeffrey T. Barnes, File)LAS VEGAS — Jon Jones could face a lengthy suspension from mixed martial arts after the UFC light heavyweight champion was notified Tuesday of his second potential violation of the promotion’s anti-doping policy.Jones is widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in the sport, but his potential violation stems from a sample collected after his weigh-in July 28 for his title fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 in Anaheim, California.ADVERTISEMENT NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters MOST READ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Jones won the fight and reclaimed his 205-pound belt after sitting out the previous year for a failed doping test. The victory appeared to be a return to glory for a long-troubled fighter who has repeatedly hindered his stellar career with misbehavior outside the octagon.Jones was stripped of his belt in 2015 after being involved in a hit-and-run accident. He was scheduled to fight Cormier for the title in July 2016, but was pulled from the UFC 200 card for what he claimed was a failed test due to a sexual enhancement pill.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingJones hasn’t yet been stripped of his title for a second time, UFC President Dana White said. Cormier held the belt for most of Jones’ absence, and he had said he didn’t plan to retire after his second loss to Jones.Jones’ camp and his manager, Malki Kawa, released a statement: “We are all at a complete loss for words right now. Jon, his trainers, his nutritionists and his entire camp have worked tirelessly and meticulously the past 12 months to avoid this exact situation. We are having the samples tested again to determine the validity or source of contamination. Jon is crushed by this news and we are doing whatever we can as a team, to support him.” Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Carnival hits town as Mayweather and McGregor ready to fight View comments Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side LATEST STORIES
Lin Qingfeng dominated the men’s 69kg competition to win China’s third weightlifting gold at the London Olympics. Lin snatched 157 kg and added 187 kg in the clean and jerk to total 344 kg, a full 11 kilos more than silver medalist Triyatno of Indonesia on Tuesday.”The medal feels really heavy, but it feels good. It is worth all the hard work and training I did. I have been dreaming about this for two years,” Lin said.”It was about revenge for the two golds we missed out on in the lower divisions.”Romania’s Razvan Constantin Martin was just one kilo behind Triyatno with 332 kg for bronze.”I am very happy. I didn’t expect to get silver as my target was bronze, like in 2008,” Triyatno said.”I had already lifted enough for the bronze medal when the Korean failed. My coach then suggested that I add another disc to make it 188 kg. He said I had to lift it to get silver.”It was a third gold for China in weightlifting.Four-time world champion Mingjuan Wang won gold in the women’s 48 kg category on Saturday, and her countrywoman Li Xueying triumphed in the 58 kg category on Monday, setting two Olympic records.
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Redknapp tips Liverpool to win Premier League titleby Freddie Taylor11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveHarry Redknapp is hoping that Liverpool win the Premier League title this season.The former Spurs and Portsmouth manager spoke about the title race between the nation’s top two teams.The Reds are eight points ahead at this early stage of the season, but City are far from out of the race.Redknapp wants to see the Reds prevail, and he explained why.”If I had one club I’d love to have managed it would have been Liverpool,” Redknapp told the Daily Mail. “I loved them. I can see them winning the league this year. Give them the title and give it to them now.”I’ve had a big bet and I think the bookmakers should pay me out
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say French great Fernandez blasts PSG coach Tuchel: You’re no Klopp!by Paul Vegas10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFrench great Luis Fernandez has used Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to take aim at PSG coach Thomas Tuchel.Fernandez has praised Klopp for the way he improves his players.He said, “Thomas Tuchel p***ed me off with the kids. Just look at what another German coach, Jurgen Klopp, is doing. When you see Liverpool playing for two or three years, you say that this is a coach who has advanced his team. “With Tuchel I wait, he’s a coach who won the Championship, but neither the Coupe de France nor the Coupe de la Ligue. Ancelotti, Blanc and Emery, they won these competitions. I would like this coach to succeed with the squad he has. We look forward to it.”
FIFA’s president, Gianni Infantino suggested by his statement today that the 2022 World Cup cannot be expanded to 48 teams without agreement from hosts Qatar, while backing further study of the “interesting” proposal, according to AFP.Infantino did not declare Qatar can veto an enlarged 2022 tournament if FIFA voters decide in favour of an expansion. However, he said that imposition of a 48-team competition on Qatar, which is in the thick of preparations for a 32-nation tournament would be “absolutely” unfair.“Obviously, Qatar will need to agree and it will be the first to agree because we need to work together,” Infantino told reporters at FIFA’s headquarters in Zurich.Fan dies after setting herself on fire protesting Iran’s ban on women spectators Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 A young woman from Iran set, only publicly known as The Blue Girl for the color of her favorite club Esteghlal, has died from her injuries after protesting Iran’s ban on female fans.FIFA voters coming together in Russia next week will decide strictly on whether 48 teams in 2022 merits closer analysis. The president noted it was premature to speculate on the likelihood of the idea moving forward.“We have a contract with the Qataris. They have been awarded a World Cup with 32 teams and that is how it is,” the FIFA boss said. “Contracts are there to be respected.”